Singapore - Boon Sin's Time

London - Alma's Time

Monday, June 13, 2011

Brahms Museum 2011

As soon as Alma suggested we should visit this museum again. I went completely quiet. I mean yes, I would love to, without a doubt, yet on the other hand, I think I was afraid, and was somehow nervous. 

I remembered asking myself repeatedly, do I really need to set foot into that museum, which had, in a way, completed my dream 11 years ago? Though I didn't get to go into the museum on my last visit, I had fulfilled and realised what I had in mind, and to me, I feel complete. And I was/am totally happy. 

By getting in to the museum physically, would I be adding or subtracting the happiness and completeness that I had once felt so strongly about?

I was contemplating, very hard. 

All things around us are constantly moving forward and accumulating themselves, in a complex manner my intellect wouldn't quite understand. So the process of adding new memories to the old, doesn't necessarily and shouldn't make the old ones disappear, or get smaller; instead it could probably enrich the older memories, by giving it more space, more textures, more width and more colours… I later figured I should let all events unfold before me in a quiet way they would and they should, rather than holding on to what I thought was sufficient, then consciously stop all forms of accumulating…

I then decided to go along with the flow, to investigate what life had in stored for me… :))


I regconised this sign board...

And i regconised this path... and for that few minutes, i felt nervous... both happy and overwhelmed... :')

This is Johannes Brahms Museum~ :)))) I was standing at the front door... and for one moment, i was a little afraid and hesistant to buzz the bell...

Good Old Brahms ;)

Awwwww… at last… ~ :')

This museum was actually one of his many homes. This is the hall. It isn't big, and i had snapped shot almost all the displays… :P

Me and Brahms!!! finally.

In the washroom of my favourite, beloved museum~
This photo, this place and the time spent here (i mean the museum) meant a lot to me~~ :)

That was how Brahms looked like when he died... he had clearly lost a lot of weight!!! :'(

Something exciting!!! I signed on the museum's autograph!!! Which means, what I write, would serve as a tiny little connection with Brahms, that would be kept in one corner of the museum, forever… :)))

That was the pen provided... looked pretty though, but i preferred my own pen :P

That moment~ :)
I was actually very overwhelmed at that point of writing... i was less than calm.
I signed the autograph in Chinese.
That was because I greedily wished Brahms could remember me in a way I wish he would remember me ;)

A rough translation:
Something chooses to not happen eleven years ago; Something chooses to only happen eleven years later. Whichever way it goes; whatever direction it takes, there must be a unique reason of its own... While the beauty of both moments might not be similar; the thankfulness at heart always stays the same :)

A last glance (for now), before i left... :)

Brahms Museum, from far... with alma in the picture... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment